the Inchoate Crimes solicitation or conspiracy or attempt law homework help
- For your essay select EITHER Parties to a Crime OR ONE of the Inchoate Crimes (solicitation, or conspiracy or attempt). DO NOT research these using underlying crimes. For example do not research attempted murder. Only research criminal attempt.
- Select a state and its statute for the crime selected in step 1 and explain the elements. (See Legal Research Link to research the crime or the Webliography area)
- Research and explain the elements for the historical common law for the same crime. (See Text and the web.)
- The based on your research and explanations of the two versions of the crime, compare the state criminal statute with the historical common law to see how the elements of the crime have evolved.
- Write a short essay, at least 1,250 words or five typewritten or computer-generated pages, describing the elements of the current state statute, the elements of the historical common law, and comparing the elements and how they have changed. Discuss possible reasons for the changes in the elements, how the interaction of criminal justice agencies and the law may have contributed to these changes, and suggest new changes in the statute, based on societyâ€™s needs today.
- Each of your three essays must include:
- A Title Page
- Abstract that summarizes the essay
- Description of the elements of the crime under historical common law
- Description of the elements of the current state statute for that crime
- Compare how the elements of the crime have changed from the historical common law to the current state statute
- Discuss possible reasons for the changes
- Suggest new changes in the statute, based on societyâ€™s needs today
- In Text Citations and Reference page, using APA style
You must demonstrate that you understand the terminology and the concepts used in criminal law. You must write using APA format for all source citations in both the body of the essay and in the reference page.