The ancient Romans writing homework help
Week 1 Individual Project 1
Deliverable length: 2 pages
- Understand service product.
The ancient Romans were great eaters out. Evidence can be seen even today in Herculaneum, a Roman town near Naples that in 70 a.d. was buried under some 65 feet of mud and lava by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius.5 Along its streets were a number of snack bars vending bread, cheese, wine, nuts, dates, figs, and hot foods. The counters were faced with marble fragments. The first restaurant ever was called a â€œpublic dining roomâ€ and originated in France.
Throughout history France has played a key role in the development of restaurants. The first restaurant that actually consisted of patrons sitting at a table and being served individual portions, which they selected from menus, was founded in 1782 by a man named Beauvilliers. However this was not the beginning of the restaurant concept. The first restaurant proprietor is believed to have been A. Boulanger, a soup vendor, who opened his business in Paris in 1765.7 He sold soups at his all-night tavern on the Rue Bailleul. He called these soups restorantes (restoratives), which is the origin of the word restaurant.
Recall your last visit to a restaurant as a paying guest.
Include the following in your assignment:
- Briefly describe the concept of the restaurant.
- Recall your initial impressions of the restaurant as a whole and the service you receive. Justify your position.
- Describe the service product framework in terms of intangibility, inseparability, variability, and/or perishability.
- After your departure, did you feel the quality and standards met, exceeded, or did not meet your expectations? Explain your response.
- Was the service technically sound? Was the entire staff hospitable? Is there a difference between service and hospitality? Explain your position.
- Adhere to APA style requirements.