Rhetoric deals with the effective uses of language assignment help
Rhetoric deals with the effective uses of language in a particular situation. In other words, rhetoric deals with how writers write, how speakers speak, how designers design, and so on. Therefore, having rhetorical awareness and understanding argument will help in considering purpose for writing, considering audience, and the most effective means for persuading others to consider your perspective.
Complete both parts of this assignment, as Part 1 helps you to reflect on how an author made his or her argument; Part 2 will help you think about how to make your own argument.
Analyze the idea of argument in an academic setting by reviewing the following section, “Understanding Proofs and Appeals” on p. 38 of Ch. 3 of An Insider’s Guide to Academic Writing.
Reflect on what the text says about appeals to ethos, logos, and pathos. Begin to think critically about how you can use these appeals in your writing.
Review this week’s essays and select one to review.
Write a brief 350-word analysis identifying how the author presented his or her argument. Include the following in your analysis:
- Introduce article and briefly outline what the article is about.
- What appeals does the author use–ethos logos, pathos?
- Discuss whether the author did a good job of proving his/her argument.
Review the Argumentative Essay Instructions
Select a topic from the following list or ask your instructor for approval on a topic of your choice that argues your personal position on a controversial topic you think is worthy of public debate. The topic must be current, part of an ongoing debate, or a relatively new, unknown topic you think deserves more attention. Here are some examples:
- Gender-based income gap
- The impact of disposable products and packaging in the marketplace and on the environment
- The role of media in shaping public opinion
- Body cameras worn on police officers
Write a 350-word paper in which you describe the rationale for choosing your topic and how you will make your argument. Include the following in your paper:
- What types of appeals will you make to argue your position?
- What other basic elements of an argument will you use?
- What is an example of an argument you can make for your paper, and identify the claims, evidence, counterargument, and rebuttal you can use?
Review both parts for effective use of basic English grammar, word usage, and sentence style before turning in your paper.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course level AP