Mock Interview and Documentation psychology homework help
Mock Interview and Documentation
Conduct a 20-minute informal interview with an adult family member, peer, or co-worker practicing the introduction and opening phase of a clinical interview. Request that the individual introduce issues related to career, education, relationships, or time management. Include the following in your report:
- An overview of interview preparation to establish a therapeutic relationship (for example, initial contact, demonstration of core conditions, ethical and cultural considerations, physical setting, and so on).
- A summary of interviewer tasks and technical approaches for the introduction and opening phase. Incorporate the Clinical Interviewing text (Sommers-Flanagan, John, Rita Sommers-Flanagan. Clinical Interviewing, 6th Edition. Wiley, 2016-10-31. VitalBook file.) and a minimum of one academic research article in this section.
- Documentation of the clinical session applying the SOAP format.
- A self-evaluation of the applied interviewer tasks and the use of nondirective interviewing during the introduction and opening phase.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and is characterized by correct grammatical usage and mechanical elements of scholarly writing. Present assignments in a narrative, paragraph format. You may include subheadings, but incorporate transitional phrases to link sections.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA sixth edition style and formatting.
- Scholarly publication: When applicable, required scholarly research articles should be current; that is no more than five years old.
- Page Requirement: 2â€“3 pages, not including the title and references pages.
- Font and font size:Times New Roman, 12 point.