leadership in the global environment
Leadership in the Global Environment
Effective global leaders must be able to recognize current and future trends in their industry and determine the best ways to address those trends.
For this assignment, please select three of the following trends in global business, and then choose the leadership theory or model you believe would allow you, as a global leader, to effectively address each trend. You should choose a different theory or model for each trend.
Search the Capella University Library and the Internet to locate recent, relevant articles on the trends you selected. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assignment.
Organize this assessment logically, using headings and sub-headings appropriately. Include a title page and reference page, and follow APA guidelines for all citations and references.
Global Business Trends
- Geopolitical realignment.
- Continued global violent extremism.
- U.S. economic resurgence.
- Post-BRICS emerging markets.
- New resource slump cycle.
- Accelerating global climate change.
- Depopulation waves.
- IT revolution 2.0.
- Rise of the machines.
- Evolving artificial intelligence.
- Cyber insecurity.
- Changing nature of power.
- Automated deep learning.
- Big data analytics.
Leadership Theories or Models
- Situational Leadership.
- Path-Goal Theory.
- Leader-Member Exchange Theory.
- Transformational and Transactional Leadership.
- Authentic Leadership.
- Servant Leadership.
- Adaptive Leadership.
- Transcendent Leadership.
- Spiritual Leadership.
- Integrated Leadership.
For each of the trends you select, complete the following:
- Explain the trend and why it is relevant to global business leaders.
- Identify the leadership theory or model you would use to address the trend.
- Analyze the application of the theory to the trend.
- Explain why the theory or model you selected is the appropriate one to address the trend.
- Provide an example of how you would use the theory or model to effectively address the trend.
- Explain the advantages and limitations of using the theory or model to address the trend.
Be sure you support your statements using citations and references from at least 3 scholarly or professional resources.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Number of pages: 3â€“5, not including title page and reference page.
- Number of resources: At least 3.
- APA format for citations and references.
- Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Ghemawat, P. (2012). Developing global leaders. McKinsey Quarterly, 2012(3), 100â€“109.
- Mendenhall, M. E. (2011). Three necessary questions for global leadership development in India. Vikalpa, 36(4), 17â€“23.
- Seki, K., & Holt, K. (2012). Global leadership to transform the world. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 5(2), 248â€“254
- Global Integration. (2011). Five barriers to global leadership [Video] | Transcript. Retrieved from
- Cohen, S. L. (2010). Effective global leadership requires a global mindset. Retrieved from http://www.strategicleadershipcollaborative.com/ar…
- This article takes a close look at what is needed to develop a global mindset, as well as the methods for acquiring a global mindset. This article may be useful in several assessments.
Northouse, P. G. (2016).
Leadership: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 9, “Authentic Leadership,” pages 195â€“218.
- Chapter 10, “Servant Leadership,” pages 225â€“251.
- Chapter 11, “Adaptive Leadership,” pages 257â€“290.