General psychology writing homework help
Choose one famous psychologist from the following list:
- Carl Rogers
- Abraham Maslow
- Sigmund Freud
- B.F. Skinner
- John B. Watson
- Karen Horney
- Carl Jung
- Albert Bandura
- Erik Erikson
- Jean Piaget
Next, research the psychologistâ€™s contributions to the field of psychology using the criteria below. Your goal is to create a one page outline of the profile of the psychologist. Use this outline template to help you organize your information.
Background information to include:
- Life span
- Place of birth
- Cultural information (what was going on in society during your psychologistâ€™s early life? Was this is a time of political upheaval? Were there any significant movements going on during this time?)
- Information about upbringing (family life)
- What was this person like? Include any interesting characteristics, quirks, etc. about this person. Try to appeal to his/her personality.
Philosophy and Approach to Psychology:
- What are his/her major theories?
- What is this personâ€™s most famous research?
- Who were his/her contemporaries?
- Stereotypes, myths and misunderstandings about the person
- How did this psychologistâ€™s contributions to the field of psychology benefit psychology?
Your outline profile should be 1 page in length and should include a minimum of three references.
Submit the assignment as a Microsoft Word document using the template provided to the Unit 1 Homework Dropbox.