book review Rodney Walter The Groundings With My Brothers history homework help
- BOOK REVIEW ((choose one of these books ))
- Students are expected to read, prepare, type, and submit a book report on one of the following books:
- Rodney Walter, The Groundings With My Brothers (London: Bogle-Lâ€™Ouverture Publications, 1969).
- White G. Deborah, Arâ€™nâ€™t I a Woman?: Female Slaves in the Plantation South ( London: W.W. Norton & Company, 1999)
- France W. Twine, Racism in a Racial Democracy: The Maintenance of White Supremacy in Brazil (New Jersey: Rutgers University Press, 1998)
Angelou Maya, All Godâ€™s Children Need Travelling Shoes (New York: Random House, 1986)
The book report must be double spaced typed in 4 pages not counting the cover page. It should include
amongst other parts:
ïƒ˜ A brief biography of the author
ïƒ˜ Its objectives/problem/arguments
ïƒ˜ Its Historical Context
ïƒ˜ Its scope and limitations
ïƒ˜ A summary of its chapters
ïƒ˜ Analytical strengths and weaknesses
ïƒ˜ Its relevance to the course
ïƒ˜ A clear introduction and conclusion
2) Format: Double spaced typed in four pages minus the cover page 3) Structure: The main text should include:
i) An Introduction: This should identify the author (with a footnote that briefly summarizes his/her academic qualifications and experiences), the book title, its objectives/problem/arguments, its scope and limitation, type of publication, historical context, its structure, the issue, etc.
ii) A Body: This part should include chapter summaries, its analytical strengths and weaknesses, its relevance to the course, etc
iii) A Conclusion that ties the paper together and states the reasons why you chose the book and why you will or will not recommend this book for others to read.
Nota Bane: See your syllabus for other specific requirements for this part of the course assessment. Apply the same writing style, mechanics, and organization as spelled out for your assignment above.
– Also attached are writing samples and book reviews for guidance purpose only
I uploaded a book review sample please follow it carefully